Welcome

Welcome to my blog I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Monday, September 13, 2010

autobiography

      I wrote about 100 pages of an autobiography. It was mostly a collection of stories. I did not really like it. The reason was for the most part that it had no style to it. Woody Guthrie complained about writting an about himself saying it was the most boring thing in the world to do. I can see what he meant. What I need is a plot or reason. There are so many different angles to a life. Should it include all the marriages and children and sexual dramas or should it be about music and band adventures? It is hard to avoid having it be like a shopping list or laundry list. After while it just becomes boring and the same. 
      I have thought for some time that perhaps this blog format could provide a way to go in telling a story. I think I will just give it a shot and see where it goes. It will take a bit of time to get use to the blog format itself. But at least now I remember how to go to the blog page and write a new one and save it.


1 comment:

  1. Joe - I've just found your blog and am really enjoying reading what you have written. I've started at the the back and will be gradually working my way forward to the latest entries. Please continue with this work.
    I'm also posting links on music discussion groups that I am a member of to spread the word about the site.
    Anthony Harland

    ReplyDelete